Join now - be part of our community!

XL-100 DUAL TUNER?

dickielucas
Visitor

XL-100 DUAL TUNER?

Massive limitation of this machine is only being able to change channel whilst recording a program. (The best films are always on at the saem time!)

Does anyone have any experience of adding a single or ideally dual channel DVB-T tuner?

AverMedia appear to have a wide selection but all their helpdesk are away today!

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
willbank
Visitor

See my later post on this - I have tried Terratec Cinergy T2 and Nova WinTV 2 by USB and both work with MCE but something that Sony has done means that they will fail after 30mins or so. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

Sorry not to be more help.

dickielucas
Visitor

Will, Many thanks for this help. You have probally saved me hours trying. I will email their technical services and report back.
R.:smileycry:

braindamaged
Visitor

Dickie did you get anywhere with installing a second tuner into the xl 100 so you could record one channel whilst watching another?

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

It is possible to setup two tuners on the XL-100. The problem seems to be caused by the Avermedia hybrid card.

I'm currently using a Freecom DVB-T usb dongle and a Hauppauge Nova-T card, it works well and is stable. The only problem I have is an error when the computer wakes from hibernation but I know this is caused by using the USB dongle so I'm currently just using standby untill I can get a dual tuner pci card.

I reinstalled the Aver card after setting up the TV tuners in media centre and this has restored the functionality of the front AV sockets for use by other Windows apps.