Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 home premium video driver for VGN-FS415E

profile.country.en_GB.title
Alan_Pilcher
Visitor

Windows 7 home premium video driver for VGN-FS415E

I have recently installed Windows 7 home premium on my Sony Vaio model VGN-FS415E.

Previously under Windows XP the external display port worked to my TV with a PC input.

Under Windows 7 it no longer detects the TV being connected as an external display.

I suspect I need to install a different video driver to the default that came with Windows 7 but have been unable to locate such a driver on the web as comments appear to suggest that video drivers for the vaio are model specific!

I did download and try to install one driver (suggested on a reply to somebody else) but it said it wasn't for the vaio model I had.

The sony support center only seems to have video drivers for XP and not windows 7 and if I try to download and install the XP original video driver I get told the zip file is "invalid"!?

Anyone have any suggestions please? I'm hoping I don't have to go back to windows XP.

Alan

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
counterlock
Explorer

Hi alan. From what i can find online, its the intel 910 GML integrated graphics card on your vaio.

You could try downloading it from intel here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop...

Hopefully it will fix the problem for you :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Alan,

Intel say that your GMA900 graphics will not support Aero and other advanced features available with Vista and Windows 7 - so they have refused to produce any drivers at all for Vista/Win7.

Although there are no WDDM Drivers, you should be able to install the XPDM driver produced for use with XP but, of course, Aero and other advanced features will never work.

:cry: