Join now - be part of our community!

WIN XP VGN-G11XN/B

ictsupport
Visitor

WIN XP VGN-G11XN/B

Just got a new Sony Vaio VGN-G11XN/B. Is it possible to run winxp on this? I have looked everywhere for drivers and can not find any, also speaking to support on the phone they just said no :slight_frown: As I'm using this for work, not all apps work with Vista

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ictsupport and welcome to Club Vaio.

A few have tried but I don't remember anyone succeeding and getting a fully functional notebook.

This Vaio was brand new after Vista was introduced and has never run on XP. Sony have not tested it with XP and will not support this OS. In the event of a warranty claim you will have to return it to Vista. There are no driver or utility packages for running XP so you will have to identify each device in the Vaio, look for each driver individually - either from other Vaios or from the manufacturers site.

Problem is that since Vista was introduced, several new devices use the generic Vista Inbox drivers and there may not be a XP driver available.

I doubt if you will get any of the Utilities to work (Fn keys, screen brightness, power management, sound ...........)

As no new XP licenses will be sold after next January, I can't see the situation changing.

:slight_frown:

ictsupport
Visitor

Cheers thats what I thought oh well