Join now - be part of our community!

WebToGo Gobi One click Internet

profile.country.en_GB.title
GMcCulloch
Visitor

WebToGo Gobi One click Internet

Hello,

I am at pains to find a solution to this problem I have with WebToGo One Click Internet.

I have a corporate supplied Sony Vaio VGN-Z51WG where all of a sudden I got 'Checking Network'.  This service worked perfectly well for months.  The sim provider is O2 and the sim card works perfectly fine on other identical model laptops.

There is no alteration to the Win 7 64bit operating system and the laptop is for pure internet use - never joined any domain/corporate network infrastructure, and the laptop OS is straight out the box unchanged but patched up to date and Vaio updates all updated.

I have not changed any GOBI profile information, everything is left as default as with other same model laptops.

As a last resort I rebuilt the laptop using the Sony Vaio Recovery Tools (re-format etc) but same problem still persists.

I have removed the Gobi device in device manager and allowed scan hardware to re-install.  I have also checked drivers.. all normal and left as default.

There is nothing wrong with coverage and as said nothing wrong with the sim card card - works fine on other identical model laptops.

If anybody has come across this and has a fix I am sure publication of this information would be useful as there is next to nothing information available on this product..

Hopefully somebody out there can assist.

Rgs

Gordon.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
edoser49
New

I have the same problem with sim provider VODAFONE at the first attempt of connection. While closing Gobi OneClick e restarting the same way ..... it runs correctly.

It seems like Gobi doesn't recognize the right APN set in the pofile at the firts attempt.

Neither the technical service of my provider succeeded in resolving the problem.