Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Duo replacement digitizer??

icrosby57
Explorer

Vaio Duo replacement digitizer??

Hi

Does anyone know a source for a replacement digitizer pen for a Vaio Duo? I bought the Duo 13 for my son in January and he has lost the pen(!).  As this is a recent model I assumed I would easily be able to buy a replacement but it is no longer available! I know Sony are selling off the Vaio business but this is appalling customer service given that this is a 2013 model that is still available from retailers.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi icrosby57 and welcome.

It looks like VGP-STD1/B has been discontinued. I'll see if Sony can recommend a relacement - no promises though!!!

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

There is also a VGP-STD2 but that is not available at the Sony store either so maybe Blencogo can check on the availability of those as well.

I did a quick search and the SGPSTD1 is out of stock on Amazon uk but both the std1 and 2 are available on the us site so they may be able to ship to to the UK and depending on your shopping habits there are also some available from ebay.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi again icrosby57

A replacement digitiser pen can be bought from Sony Support for about £24.

Support will be in touch with you - check your emails as they don't have a telephone number.
icrosby57
Explorer

Thanks. I have already been in touch with Sony Support and am waiting to hear back from them. They haven't offered me anything yet.

icrosby57
Explorer

I ordered a replacement digitiser from the out of out of warranty support line as advised. This cost me £23.67 plus over £8 in phone call charges.  Today the package arrived containing the wrong part. I have been sent just the tip for the digitiser, not the entire digitiser.

I am not prepared to ring the support line again and incur further call charges. I don’t need technical support: I am trying to buy something from Sony! This would be much simpler and less likely to result in errors if it were possible to order online.