Join now - be part of our community!

VPCS12X9E: Can't adjust screen brightness?

profile.country.nl_BE.title
MagicMavrik
Visitor

VPCS12X9E: Can't adjust screen brightness?

I just formatted my Sony Vaio S12X9E notebook and put Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it. I went about the same way as I did last time (when it worked): I went to the Sony-page and downloaded and installed all of the drivers and utilities that came with the notebook. It's not working though.

Everything's working, except for the fact I can't seem to adjust the screen brightness: not with the hotkeys, not with Windows Mobility Center. As soon as I see the loginscreen of Windows 7, the screen is dimmed and I can't make it more bright. The first time Windows Update installed the graphics driver, there were about 5 seconds in the login screen that the screen was bright, after that the screen went dim. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the graphics driver of Intel (Intel HD Graphics Driver). It's the most recent though and I've tried a couple of older versions as well: no luck.

I also tried installing all Sony utilities. I guessed it could have something to do with the auto-brightness. When I turn it off, nothing happens though. Adjusting the brightness still doesn't change anything.

So that's basically what I tried. I'm all out of ideas at the moment. That's why I thought of asking here. I seriously hope you guys can help me, because I love my Vaio notebook for the rest.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.nl_NL.title
beeeen
Visitor

I am experiencing the same issues after a clean install with windows 7 pro 64 on the same machine.

I tried everything and this worked as a solution for me:

- I deactivated the Intel graphics driver through device manager

- I downloaded the graphics driver from the downloas page of a vaio notebook with similar specs ( in my case from the download site of the VPCS13X9E/B. This was an older version of the driver, but this works fine.

I think sony has put up the wrong version of the driver on the download page of the vpcs12x9e. Anyway the name of the driver package I installed is EP0000245027 and the driver version is 8.15.10.2182

Good luck.