Join now - be part of our community!

Vista Sidebar

RAH48
Visitor

Vista Sidebar

When I try to open a sidebar I am told that I need administrator access. I do have administrator access. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Beni40
Visitor

THere's a thread about this. I had the same problem and followed the instructions and it is not fixed.

Start -> Run, type "regedit" and go to: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Windows\Sidebar", right click on "turnoffsidebar", change 1 to 0.
Done!

Greetings from Sthlm
-B

polinho
Visitor

Hey I tried (Start -> Run, type "regedit" and go to: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Windows\Sidebar", right click on "turnoffsidebar", change 1 to 0. ) and it worked, the computer didn't ask me to have administrator access and the sidebar immediately started!!!

Thank you!!!

Beni40
Visitor

Yesiree... the conspiracist in me wudd have thunk that Sony disabled it in favor of Google's Sidebar. At any event, I have informed Sony Center here in Sweden that it suck that they don't give correct guidance in this matter when customers (like I did) confronted them why in the bloody hell I don't have sysadmin rights to an app that I should have...

Thank gawd for user forums!

Peace Vaio Bros and sis

B to the power of N

Just got my AR51SU and I had the same problem with the sidebar...used your registry fix and now the sidebar is back and working! many thanks for posting the fix!