Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio SZ6X series drivers for Vista and XP

jonniemcm
Visitor

Vaio SZ6X series drivers for Vista and XP

Anybody know where I can get the Vista and XP drivers for the SZ6X European series of machines or list the equivalent Asian/North American models? The EU support website has just one software upload - the "smart" network utility.

I took delivery of my new machine 24 hrs ago and it appears that the latest windows vista updates have screwed up my machine. I tried a restore to a system restore point but the machine hung whilst shutting down, and I got the notorious blue screen of death. I didn't even get an opportunity to burn some recovery CD/DVDs as I was going through my first "set-up." It looks as though I have to enter windows to access the recovery partition; pressing F10 at the BIOS screen and then selecting VAIO Recovery Environment triggers a Vista load and I'm back to the blue screen of death. Is the recovery partition actually bootable? If so how do I select that partition? As it stands I've got no way of recovering my machine to its factory settings at the moment!

I am now left with a useless machine and will most likely try to do a clean install with either vista or XP if I can source the drivers. This also has the added advantage that I'll do away with all of the garbage that Sony, in their wisdom, lumber us with on their machines. The Norton uninstall took over 30 minutes and I still wasn't sure that I'd got rid of the entire package! From what little I saw of it, the Sony software looks pretty ropey and unnecessary too.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
mscase
Visitor