Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-NW11S Win 7 Pro

maj.abdalla
Visitor

VGN-NW11S Win 7 Pro

I have just got my first sony n thought since i have windows 7 pro thru msdnaa il go on n install it. now i have a problem, it has an issue with my battery n says its not compatible and forces me to send it to hibernate every time i boot up with the battery. is there any fixes for this or something im doing wrong? i had to do a clean install and i have used the 32bit os if that helps.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi maj.abdalla and welcome to Club Vaio.

Have you reinstalled all the Sony Utilities? This is necessary in any clean install. There is software on all Vaios to perform certain basic tasks. This software will not be included in Windows 7.

You can get them from your Recovery Discs (I hope you made some) or you can download most of them from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-NW11S_T

The one called "Battery Checker" looks a good place to start.

If you want all the Fn and other special keys to work you will need to install all the other Utilities. It is also likely you will need some of the drivers which may not be available in Windows 7.

:thinking:

ash_c64
Visitor

Am glad i didnt install Seven yet, am waiting for sony to send me my copy along with the drivers and software to support my nw11z/t.. You have to wait for the release before sony start putting up drivers for win7.... But i assume most of the vista drivers should work.