Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-NW20EF Pointing device (ApntEx.exe). strange behavior

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dabanni87
Visitor

Vaio VGN-NW20EF Pointing device (ApntEx.exe). strange behavior

I have had a niggling problem with my touchpad since new 7 months ago.

It has been back to Sony 3 times first with a HDD failure then with a loss of control on the pointing device.They replaced the touchpad and the motherboard.The following week the machine died,  another new motherboard was installed.

The touchpad now still on occassion has a mind of its own which can sometimes be corrected with the Esc button.

Anyway to get to the point, I have noticed in Task manager processers that I had ApntEX.exe and apntex.exe both running and the first one using an astronomical number of  MegaHertz in  the I/0 other column  (This column has to be added from the 'view options). Also apoint.exe is running.

I ended the process ApntEX.exe and for the first time the touchpad behaved normal. However when I restart the computer ApntEX.exe appeared again and the apntex.ex processe had vanished and the touchpad problems returned!

I have tried explaining this to Sony on each occassion but they do not appear to understand or grasp what I  am saying.

Is there anyone here that can help me with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dabanni87,

we've been informed that Vaio support have help you toubleshoot the mouse pointer problem & that your problem is now resolved..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dabanni87,

we've been informed that Vaio support have help you toubleshoot the mouse pointer problem & that your problem is now resolved..:smileyhappy:

dabanni87
Visitor

Hello and yes Sony Support did indeed phone me today and after 18 frustrating months it now seems to be working just fine. (Fingers crossed). Seems there were 2 files in conflict in the program files and removing the Apoint file did the trick.  Thank you!     (Love my Vaio and again and now I will not be buying a new Samsung!)

dabanni87
Visitor

I posted this help request 12 months ago and have had no reply. The erratic behavour of the curser and touchpad continue.

UPDATE: Now sorted!  See above reply.

Message was edited by: dabanni87

Message was edited by: dabanni87

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome glad we were able to help..:smileyhappy: