Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-FE31H Silver Lid

centreno555
Visitor

Vaio VGN-FE31H Silver Lid

Hi All
Can any one advise me re above, as I've managed to badly scratch the silver coating on the lid of my Vaio which was in my hold all and must have rubbed against my plastic DVD carry box.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi centreno555,

welcome to Club vaio.. :slight_smile:

You could try to respray the lid but I don't know how successful this would be or you may be able to purchase a new lid from somewhere like NextTronics .. :thinking:

Fordwich
Visitor

That's spooky - I was just making my first visit to the Vaio forum to post the exact same question. Mine is a brand new FE41S which was a very special present, and I was devastated to find that I'd accidentally put some deep scratches into the lid.

I tried to polish them out with a neutral car wax, but that's only made the colour lighter around the scratches, and if anything it looks worse. I have toyed with the idea of a metallic car spray, but masking the silver vaio logo would be very tricky, and of course the Sony logo would be a goner.

I'm also in the UK, and looking through the Nexttronics parts list (who seem to be in Texas?) I couldn't see a cover listed. I'd need to know the part number.

Any help gratefully received.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Fordwich,

welcome to Club vaio.. :slight_smile:

NextTronics used to have an exploded diagram to assist in identifying parts but now this has been removed it's difficult to identify the correct part you require..

It would probably be wise to contact them for the correct part number. :wink:

davemee
Visitor

That's spooky - I was just making my first visit to the Vaio forum to post the exact same question.  Mine is a brand new FE41S which was a very special present, and I was devastated to find that I'd accidentally put some deep scratches into the lid.

I tried to polish them out with a neutral car wax, but that's only made the colour lighter around the scratches, and if anything it looks worse. I have toyed with the idea of a metallic car spray, but masking the silver vaio logo would be very tricky, and of course the Sony logo would be a goner.

I'm also in the UK, and looking through the Nexttronics parts list (who seem to be in Texas?) I couldn't see a cover listed. I'd need to know the part number.

Any help gratefully received.

Those AR X1 lids scratch easy, eh? The paint round your memory card slot will be next.

They've been telling me, here, straight-faced (apparently) that if you can find a piano polisher, they may be able to help. If you can find one who'll take you seriously, good luck. I'd be interested in a part no. too, as I'm not sold on smearing random substances on the case.