Join now - be part of our community!

vaio TZ WAN connection problems

wiesengrund2
Visitor

vaio TZ WAN connection problems

Hi,

Here in the UK the TZ comes with a free trial of T-mobile 3G SIM and connection software. I used this and it worked fine.

I am now trying to connect the WAN function with another (o2) 3G SIM and I cannot connect.

Does anyone know, do I need additional software to use the WAN function with any other sim? (I uninstalled the T-mobile wen'n walk software that was pre-installed.

thanks
Matthias

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Matthias,

Does anything in this thread help at all?

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=48380

:thinking:

wiesengrund2
Visitor

thanks that helped and it is all working now with the basic globetrotter software. - although worth to say that it did not pick up settings from the sim automatically, had to enter them with additional information.

cheers

wiesengrund2
Visitor

HI,

thanks for the link and the suggested solutions therein. I managed to install the option connect software and I did get the WWAN connection going with an O2 sim card.

After the initial success however, I now encounter following problem:

I manage to connect for about 5-10 minutes after which the connection breaks (even though the Option connect software still shows a good 3g connection, etc). On restart of the computer the software then cannot find the device (WWAN card). This requires a re-install of the connection software and driver after which it connects again once, until it gets disconnected and so on. I never seem to be able to keep it going for longer than 10 minutes and after each attempt i needed to reinstall the software and driver before it connected again.

I am really puzzled by that.

sony or option support were no good? anyone any ideas - or did anyone get the wireless card going with any other than a t-mobile sim???

many thanks
Matthias

profile.country.en_GB.title
NIKOLAZZZZ
Visitor

Hi, I am having similar problems, i had t-mobile card in my sony vaio Z (VPCZ21C5E), everything was working fine for about 1 month ( at that time i was in UK).

Then i went to portugal for few days, and replaced my UK T-Mobile card with Portuguese Wodafone, witch was not working at all if i just stick sim in the Vaio, so i had to use whole dongle with Vodafone card in it, i had to instal Vodafone software, 2 days later got back to UK, Put my old T-Mobile card in to my Vaio, and guess what, getig this message saynng that ''No device Found'', cant even seee it on conections window.

Have tried Absolutely everything, spend more than hour on the phone with Sony. Nobody knows what happened. They sugested to send my laptop for repair, and that is MAJOR inconvenience.

you do not expect these kind of things to happen with brand new more than 2500 GBP worth Laptop.

Anyone has any ideas how to fix this problem?