Join now - be part of our community!

I am not able to adjust the brightness of the screen of my lap and I have lost the recovery CD of VPCCW12EN sony vaio lap.Dealer of my lap told that with Recovery CD it is able to install the drivers so that i will able to adjust the brightness

profile.country.en_GB.title
tobinjv
Visitor

I am not able to adjust the brightness of the screen of my lap and I have lost the recovery CD of VPCCW12EN sony vaio lap.Dealer of my lap told that with Recovery CD it is able to install the drivers so that i will able to adjust the brightness

I am not able to adjust the brightness of the screen of my lap and I have lost the recovery CD of VPCCW12EN sony vaio lap.Dealer of my lap told that with Recovery CD it is able to install the drivers so that i will able to adjust the brightness.Is there any method to troubleshoot the problem?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Are you still using the original Windows Operating System or have you changed it?  I am just wondering why the Fn Key is not working.

This is not a Sony Europe model but you can download all the drivers available on the Recovery Discs from the Sony Asia-Pacific website here: -

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/VPCCW12EN

Select the OS you have installed and select Original Drivers.

You will need to install: -

Sony Shared Library

Setting Utility Series

Vaio Event Service

SFEP (if it is not installed already).

You may also need to reinstall the Graphics Driver.

:wink:

By the way, it is always a good idea to burn a set of Recovery Discs from your hard drive.  Open Vaio Care and you will find a utility for making your own Recovery Discs. This will allow you to reinstall the system if you have a hard drive falure.

:wink: