Join now - be part of our community!

Updated driver for ATI HD4650 compatible with windows 7?

profile.country.en_GB.title
betrodge
Visitor

Updated driver for ATI HD4650 compatible with windows 7?

When will a updated driver for ATI HD4650 compatible with windows 7 (32bit) be released? Or where can I find one that I can use with my sony laptop?

The driver on this site is from 2009 but an update was released recently by AMD, however, it will not let me use this update - I receive the error - "uncompatible refer to your laptop manufacturer for new drivers".

I am having problems with my screen resolution as I cannot display a lower resolution then 1024 by 768 at full screen either in game or on desktop - it comes up with black borders. Looking into this it is a known windows 7 problem and the new drivers are supposed to resolve this. I have tried to change the resolution with catalyst but with no success

I would be very grateful if anyone can help - it is so irritating as I didnt have this problem when I had vista installed!

Message was edited by: betrodge

Message was edited by: betrodge

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi betrodge,

You have not stated your Vaio model but assuming that there is no Windows 7 driver available from Sony support for a similar model with the same graphics chip you will need a modified inf file in order to install none Sony drivers. For further details have a look at the following link – this procedure is of course entirely at your own risk.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat