Join now - be part of our community!

Update Intel SATA Driver 7.5.0.1017 shows but does not download

Niska
Visitor

Update Intel SATA Driver 7.5.0.1017 shows but does not download

Hi,

since December 07, the Vaio update window lists "Intel SATA Driver 7.5.0.1017" as an update which should download and install automatically if selected....

....I did select it but nothing. Does it means : it's not for my machine (VGN-AR41S)? Then why am-I presented with the option to select it ?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It should work for your VGN-AR41S Niska. This update prevents the RAID 0 Errors associated with Quicktime and iTunes. One explanation may be that it is already installed.

I would try downloading it and manually installing it by following the instructions here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/info/info.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&url=Downloads/IN/D/SAT/IN...

:slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Niska,

I had the same problem with the auto update on my Vaio..

If you follow Blencogo's instructions and download the file manually then the Intel SATA Driver 7.5.0.1017 update should install without any problems.. :wink:

Niska
Visitor

Thanks guys,

did it and bingo the update page does not list Intel SATA Driver 7.5.0.1017 anymore, so the update was installed and .... all is OK

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks guys,

did it and bingo the update page does not list Intel SATA Driver 7.5.0.1017 anymore, so the update was installed and .... all is OK

:cool: Glad all is OK now.. :slight_smile: