Join now - be part of our community!

TROJAN HORSE SHEUR.AFJ

JAB2006
Visitor

TROJAN HORSE SHEUR.AFJ

Hi to all

Today just when opened my VAIO a thread message from AVG antivirus came up: TROJAN HORSE SHEUR.AFJ DETECTED IN MYCLUBVAIO.EXE

Anyone has experienced this alert? I have used quite a lot MYCLUBVAIO.exe program without any trouble. In Google no information about it. For the time being the file has been moved to a secured area.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

This is a known issue. Actually 1 of the files of the applicaiton surprisingly has the same name of 1 of the trojan virusses. You can just tell AVG to ignore the issue.

I can assure you there is no virus included.

Also we will fix the filename for next release.

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
highroyds
Visitor

I've got this also, AVG did put them into the virus vault but now that I've restored them windows says I havent got permission to access them and they are still infected. :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
@5528097000005097
Visitor

I got it too, lost the .exe file while trying to fix. Still got a shortcut in favourites and Update3 still works, but lost the MCV icon and I want it back! :slight_frown:

Can anyone point me to a fix please?

Bluddy friday the 13th!! :devil:

RichardMarchant
Visitor

AVG security found 4 traces of TROJAN HORSE SHEUR.AFJ after I'd installed some updates from Sony. Couldn't "heal" them so I removed the files. Now concerned I've done wrong thing! Any advice? Thanks!

highroyds
Visitor

I've done some searching and heres what I've done.

Because AVG kept the files in the virus vault I could restore them back to the folder they came from. Then when it stated that the files couldnt be accessed I uninstalled AVG, rebooted the pc and tried My Club Vaio - hey presto its now all working.

You could try this and see if it works for you, but I guess I'll have to wait for a newer version of My Club Vaio or for AVG to alter. I'll send an email to AVG about this and see what they say about it.

Once I get a reply I'll let ya guys know.

littlebucko
Visitor

hi i use McAfee and this picked it up but after telling them about it it shows as a normal file and so i say try using McAfee.email if you need help

(we all no sony wont give us a virus sony is just the best not a make that gives you trouble)

hopebg
Visitor

AVG security found 4 traces of TROJAN HORSE SHEUR.AFJ after I'd installed some updates from Sony. Couldn't "heal" them so I removed the files. Now concerned I've done wrong thing! Any advice? Thanks!

I did the same think :thinking: I`m looking for help as well. I will cry if somethink happen` to may lovely VAIO... :cry:

highroyds
Visitor

AVG have replied they are trying to fix it asap, but do the following for the time being:

Please proceed as follows:

- Open AVG Control Center, doubleclick on the AVG Resident Shield and unmark the first checkbox "Turn on AVG Resident Shield".
- If the file is already in the AVG Virus Vault, please open this Vault (in AVG -> upper menu Program -> Launch Virus Vault), right-click on the file and choose Restore File(s)

edwinchester
Visitor

Hi everyone, I too have encountered this object, but the thing that annoying me is since I have acquired this pesky blighter, a 'My Club Vaio' icon has appeared below the 'run' icon in the start menu window pane(the pane that comes up when you left click start).

This was never there before and I want to remove it, you cannot 'right click, delete' as when you do so 'My Club vaio' just shows in the 'options' box, and nothing else.

Can anyone help? Thanks.