Join now - be part of our community!

The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer etc

profile.country.da_DK.title
.Kian.
Visitor

The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer etc

Hi there,

I'm new to Sony Vaio and my new laptop is about 7 days old.

First thing I did was to replace the hdd with one of my old ones which was a bit faster then the one included.

I also have Windows 7 Ultimate so I just installed that. Updating Windows took like a day.

Anyways - I've heard that Sony Control Center included some power management software - that turns of the bridge between the charging part and the battery when AC is connected. This means that AC-power runs directly to the motherboard skipping the battery, making the battery last longer because its not charged all the time.

So I installed Sony Control Center but I keep getting this error:

The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer. Click "OK" to enter Hibernate mode, and remove and reinsert the battery.

See the electronic VAIO(R) User Guide for more information about using the battery

This is weird. Yes I've opend the backside of the laptop to replace the harddisk - and next to the harddisk the battery was located. But I haven't touched anything related to anything else then the harddisk.

I manged to get around this by killing the ISB-process as everyone else suggests

Can someone please tell me if I need to install some sort of battery-drivers or something. I really want to get this working. Mostly because my laptop is connected to my monitor 90% of time and thereby always connected to a power cord.

// peter

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Peter.

You may have a model that requires a battery checking utility to be installed.

If you give your Vaio Model in your question, someone may be able to help.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tidaltides
Visitor

This is weird. You might have done something that made your battery gets malfunction. If you have an extra battery, try to check if that will work. Always make sure that you can do everything without the battery installed as long as it is connected to the laptop adapter.