Join now - be part of our community!

how to create recovery partition oem for windows 7

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chundurianil
Visitor

how to create recovery partition oem for windows 7

hi,

unfortunately i formatted the recover partition, i would like to create the recover partition OEM  manufacturer one, i have all recovery disks backed up please help in this

regards

anil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi anil.

I am not sure exactly what you want to achieve but if you want to return your Vaio to the state it was in when you bought it - replacing the Recovery Partition and the version of Windows 7 supplied by Sony - then you need to place Disc 1 of your Recovery Disc Set into the disc drive and then re-boot the Vaio.

This will then boot from the Recovery Disc and open the Recovery Centre.  You should follow the screen instructions for a Full Recovery.

A Full Recovery will format the hard drive, copy the Recovery Partition to HDD Partition1 and reinstall the original Sony OEM version of Windows in HDD Partition 2.

Anything you have installed since new will be lost as will all settings and Windows/Vaio Updates.  So back everything up first.

Do not try to do anything to the Recovery Software - any changes will probably result in the Recovery area not working, so do not attempt to open or dismount the volume.

You can download the Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide from the Support Page for your model.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/RecoTS/2011Q1_TRG_EN.pdf

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi anil.

As far as I know, there are only 2 ways to replace the Recovery Partition in the same configuration as Sony.

1.  Carry out a Full Recovery using the Recovery Disc set.  This will return the Vaio to factory condition - including reinstatement of the Recovery Partition.

2.  From a hard drive Image taken before the partition was deleted. Have you taken a drive image using something like Acronis True Image?

What Vaio model do you have and was Windows 7 the original OS?

chundurianil
Visitor

Hi blencogo,

i haven,t taken any image from hard drive,as already said i have 3 dvd,s of recovery media backedup when i brought my laptop. my vaio model VPCEB4L1E and windows 7 home edition which was genuine. do i need to dimount recovery partion volume or just leave like that. please expalin me in detail about the proceedure.

thanks and regard

anil k chunduri

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi anil.

I am not sure exactly what you want to achieve but if you want to return your Vaio to the state it was in when you bought it - replacing the Recovery Partition and the version of Windows 7 supplied by Sony - then you need to place Disc 1 of your Recovery Disc Set into the disc drive and then re-boot the Vaio.

This will then boot from the Recovery Disc and open the Recovery Centre.  You should follow the screen instructions for a Full Recovery.

A Full Recovery will format the hard drive, copy the Recovery Partition to HDD Partition1 and reinstall the original Sony OEM version of Windows in HDD Partition 2.

Anything you have installed since new will be lost as will all settings and Windows/Vaio Updates.  So back everything up first.

Do not try to do anything to the Recovery Software - any changes will probably result in the Recovery area not working, so do not attempt to open or dismount the volume.

You can download the Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide from the Support Page for your model.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/RecoTS/2011Q1_TRG_EN.pdf

chundurianil
Visitor

hi blencogo,

thank you very much for ur help in this.

regards

anil