Join now - be part of our community!

SZ6 - Trying to install Vista on a empty Harddrive - AKA clean installation

PMPP
Visitor

SZ6 - Trying to install Vista on a empty Harddrive - AKA clean installation

Hello to you all.

I've started to mess around with my new SZ6, the first thing I did was to format the HD to install a Clean Windows Vista Business in my native language. So now the problems with drivers and etc begin.

So far what I could find on the European Vaio Support webpage is the:

- VAIO Smart Network 1.0 (The floating thing that manages all the Network connections)
- BIOS Update R0082S5
- Microsoft Hotfix Package KB939720 AND Microsoft Hotfix Package KB931812

And now I'm stuck...

I need the Nvidia Drivers that have to be from Sony, I need the Wireless WAN Modem, the MS reader, the Fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) thing, Bluetooth, etc, etc, etc.

I know there are a LOT of posts regarding clean installations, but if any of you guys could help me out. I have the 3 DVD's of recovery, is there a way to "hack" them to extract the drivers?

Not wanting to turn this into a hate post, but our fellows in the states have what we should have as a support webpage (feel free to check it out) :USA Support.

I'm tempted to try those drivers myself, but I still have some hope that all of those are somewhere lost in here. If they, and if there is some sort of "readme" text so I could dive into and extract all the precious information that we all need.

I would love to turn this first post into a "help center" to all of you SZ6 owners, that are in the same situation.

So... Help?!

Thanks in Advanced, Pedro Pereira
--------------------------
EDIT:

Well.. Actually all the drivers are on the Recovery DVD 😃 Well, I'll let the post die around here, as it may... help others, or so I hope.

0 REPLIES 0