Join now - be part of our community!

SZ4XN : Where is my MotionEye camera ?

el_cardi
Visitor

SZ4XN : Where is my MotionEye camera ?

Hi everybody,

I got this beautiful SZ4 laptop from my company. To speed it up I had it re-installed with Windows XP SP2 (from Vista Business) but now my camera isn't working anymore. In fact, I can't install any driver and I'm asking myself if the hardware is even detected. All I can find in the Device Manager is a generic "USB Video Device" (screenshot added below this message). I don't have any external usb camera connected (never had one). I tried upgrading the driver of this device with the MotionEye drivers but it refuses to do so. Any idea how I can get this fine piece of machinery to work ?

Thanks in advance,

Luc

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Luc,

The driver for the Camera is the same in both XP and Vista.

You need your original camera driver which will be in the \\Drivers\Camera on your Recovery Discs. Alternatively, download the Original Vista Drivers for your model and get it from there.

You will then need to manually install it. Right-click on the USB Camera in Device Manager, choose update driver, don't search, choose to do it manually, say you have the disc and browse to the downloaded driver directory. Any problems - try uninstalling the USB camera first.

You will need to download the VGN-SZ3XWP/C Original XP Utilities and install the XP Version of the Vaio Camera Utility to use the Camera.

:wink:

el_cardi
Visitor

Hello Blencogo,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I've already tried this procedure a dozen times. This is what the system tells me when I try it the way you describe.

Any other suggestions ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried trying "Don't Search - I will choose a driver to install"?

:thinking:

el_cardi
Visitor

Oh man,

You're good ..... the d*mn thing is working !

I will be in your debt forever !

Respect !

Luc

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Superb Blencogo :wink:

I think I have also found what el_cardi did before his current job...

was he one half of BBC's Trevor and Simon? :smileygrin: