Join now - be part of our community!

ssd issue vgn-nr32z_t

profile.country.en_GB.title
brmcphi
Visitor

ssd issue vgn-nr32z_t

Hi guys,

i recently purchased a 120gb ocz agiltiy 3 to replace my normal hd which was making screeching sounds!

i hadnt done much research and assumed an SSD would be compatible with my vaio. To cut a long story short i imaged the C drive/boot partition and the recovery drive with acronis. i installed the drive and placed the acronis backups onto the new ssd.

at the minute it boots up fine and will stay running for hours if i dont use it. if i open a web browser or any other program the laptop starts to slow after 5 mins or so up and eventually freezes altogether, leaving me with the only option to force a power off.

doing some research i have seen the recommendtion for bios is to set ahci instead of ide. my vaio's bios option are locked down so i cannot change this. my main query would be is this the most likely issue? is ahci mandatory or will the ssd run on ide?

i am willing to reinstall vista which is the OS on the recovery drive but if there is no point re the ahci option above i might just return the drive for a normal drive.

any help or suggestions appreciated

Regards

Brian

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
klauzser
Visitor

It might be possible that the HD you bought is not compatible with your machine. Better yet contact the tech team or simply ask them to have it replaced.