Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Z11WN Smart Network Turns Itself Off/On -URGENT HELP

forza550
Visitor

Sony Z11WN Smart Network Turns Itself Off/On -URGENT HELP

Hi

I have a Z11WN and up till now, for the past 9 months, its been prefect.

in the last week, my Smart Network connection has been playing up big time. Although the wireless switch is on all the time, the system switches itself off/on randomly even affecting my ethernet connection to the web. I constantly get the warning tone along with the smart network box popping up on the screen. Sometimes the lights for WWLAN, WLAN, Bluetooth are off, sometimes they are on. Its all randon.

I have restarted my system many times but i still have this problem.

Can anyone help urgently - Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi forza550,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you installed the VAIO Smart Network Update 2.0 - 2.0.1.11050.?

You can find the update either by clicking on the Vaio update icon in your system tray or use the following link: VAIO Smart Network Update

forza550
Visitor

Hi forza550,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you installed the VAIO Smart Network Update 2.0 - 2.0.1.11050.?

You can find the update either by clicking on the Vaio update icon in your system tray or use the following link: VAIO Smart Network Update

Hi Thalamus

Thankyou so much for your reply.

I'll log on and download the new version. I hope it cures this awful problem :slight_smile:

Regards -

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome forza550, good luck.. :four_leaf_clover:

profile.country.GB.title
themanning
New

I know that this is an old thread but I've been getting the same issue recently.

The laptop sleeps after a set amount of time/closing the lid and when it wakes Vaio Smart Network has turned off the Wireless LAN switch.

The machine in questions is a Vaio - EB3L0E:

- Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

- Vaio Smart Network v3.3.0.06080 (the pre-installed version)

I haven't always noticed this behaviour. It appears to have crept in within the last few months or so.

There is not a new download available on the page for this model in the Update section. I have removed and reinstalled the Wireless LAN Driver.

Thanks in advance for any help/support.

R

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That version of Vaio Smart Network is on every EB-Series Vaio and I think we would have heard of this problem by now if the software has a bug.

Perhaps the Vaio Smart Network software has been corrupted by some Vaio or Windows Update.  You could try reinstalling the original version 3.3.0.06080 and see if that helps.  You can download a fresh copy from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCEB3L0E_BQ

:thinking: