Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO VGN P11ZW no o/s Instant on issue

profile.country.en_GB.title
mnichollsuk
Visitor

Sony VAIO VGN P11ZW no o/s Instant on issue

Hi

I have aquired a VGN-P11ZW from eBay but it had windows 7 on which was very slow, i then installed Windows XP but fooloishly it seems deleted all partitions,  it seems one of them was needed, and now i am getting a message telling me the instant on application could not be found, press any key to power down.

Is there anything i can do without original restore CD's?  It just wont boot up with an external CD drive or USB pen with a build on

Any help would be grateful

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There is an "Instant Mode" download under the Windows 7 Tab on your model's download page and also for Vista under the Updates Tab.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-P11Z_W

Support for XP is by way of a 'package' installation of all drivers called the 'XP Downgrade Installer'.  However, I have no idea if this includes the Instant Mode software for XP.

I think running the setup when you first use Instant-On creates the necessary hard drive partition.

:thinking:

mnichollsuk
Visitor

This only seem to help if i already have a working OS installed

I currently cannot even get into the bios or boot via a CD or USB as the moment the laptop turns on it tells me instant on doesnt work, and press any button to power the laptop off  -  im stuck!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Ouch!

If the Vaio splash screen does not show and you cannot access the BIOS I don't think anything will boot if the machine does not POST.

It sounds like it thinks the Instant On button is depressed.

Wait and see if anyone else can help or, alternatively, have a word with one of Sony's Service Partners near to where you live.  You will find a full list of UK Service Partners here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-P11Z_W

:thinking:

mnichollsuk
Visitor

A Vaio screen appears for a few seconds, then a screen that says

The instant mode application cannot be found

Please reinstall the application on windows

press any key or power button to shut down

The problem is - how can i reinstall the application or load a new os? everytime i press a key to do anything the laptop boots down

Any ideas?

Thanks

mnichollsuk
Visitor

please help! :slight_smile:

johnoverbaugh
Visitor

I have the same issue - mnichollsuk did you ever get an answer to your question? Can you share?