Join now - be part of our community!

Sony PCG-FX601 freezes while playing Videos

Gaulois
Visitor

Sony PCG-FX601 freezes while playing Videos

I have a little problem with my sony vaio notebook. It is a PCG-FC601 and it freezes while playing divxmovies. i allready updated the viachipdrivers, graphicdevicedrivers, windows and the bios.

it doesn't freeze regular, sometimes i can play 30 mins movie sometimes it stops after even 1 minute.

any idea what i could be?

(i apoligize for my bad english)

Sebastian

4 REPLIES 4
niceonedave
Visitor

I had the same problem but it is nothing to do with the computer. At least I don't think it is a problem specifically related to Sony Laptops. The solution to this problem is firstly to uninstall all DivX codecs that are on your machine then to download the latest codec pack, I usually use Nimo which you can get from divx.com or divx-digest.com. And install this with all the codecs, the main thing you want though is the ffdshow. Having done this I haven't experienced any freezes.

Wolfpack
Visitor

...but before updating the Codecs, you have to update the

- BIOS
- Via 4-in1 drivers
- ATI Graphics Drivers

After installing those three, DivX & Xvid are no more problem and my TV-Output works properly and is adjustable (by the ATI-Tool).

Hint for good TV-Output: A normal TV has only 520 horizontal lines. So if your Output seems unsharp, put the resolution down to 800x600 or 640x480.

Now I watch all my DivX on TV in best quality!!!

flyby
Visitor

Never ever this happens to me.
I use mplayer under linux :wink:
Also, playing DVD, cpu load never exceed 40%

SilverZero
Visitor

i had the same problem, i installed via 4 in1 drivers and the problem was solved