Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Dockingstation

profile.country.de_DE.title
florubne3
Visitor

Sony Dockingstation

Hi,
I just bought a dockingstation (VGP-PRSR1, for SR-Series) and I have now the problem that it isn't possible to switch-on my notebook without opening the cover of my notebook. Is there any possibility to solve this problem?

Greetings,

Flo

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Flo and welcome.

I know that this is no help to you but more recent Vaio models have an external on/off switch.

With your model I doubt that there is a solution – short of some nifty electronic adaption...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.de_DE.title
florubne3
Visitor

Thank you for your welcome and the quick answer.I thought especially Sony dockingstations are more deliberated. Well - than I have to live with this problem.

€:\ Isn't wake-up on keypress a possibility to reactivate the notebook without opening it?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Flo

Isn't wake-up on keypress a possibility to reactivate the notebook without opening it?

That would still require you to open the lid...

Assuming that you leave the machine in hibernate or standby then you should be able to wake on USB mouse movement as long as this has not been disabled in Power Management (Device Manager -> HID Compliant Mouse -> Properties -> Power Management).

The only drawback with this is that USB optical mice often cause the machine to wake without physical movement - mine certainly does!

You could investigate BIOS options (F2 at boot) but most advanced options are disabled on Vaios :slight_frown:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat