Join now - be part of our community!

Sigmatel HighDef Audio Codec drivers?

Cantstandya
Visitor

Sigmatel HighDef Audio Codec drivers?

Anyone have a clue where to get these drivers for XP? Ive installed XP on my VGN-FZ11M and everything works flawlessly except the sound.

Ive tried tons of drivers all over the internet, but still havent found the right ones. Even tried going for old Vaio models but none have any files for download.

The Sigmatel HighDef Audio Codec is in the devicemanager but marked with an exclamation mark, "This device cannot start (10)" Seems it was detected but not fully.

Any help is appreciated.

Am I on the right path looking for "Sigmatel CXD9872 High Definition Audio Codec"? Nothing on the intel, sigmatel or sony site about this.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Cantstandya,

XP does not support Hi Def Audio.

You must install the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for high Definition Audio KB888111 first. This allows the Sigmatel sound chip to be recognised and the driver to install.

You should find it in Drivers\Hotfix if you have downloaded drivers for a Sony XP Model like the FE31Z or you can download it from HERE

:wink:

Cantstandya
Visitor

Hi,

thx for your help. I have downloaded and installed the KB888111 hotfix, going to restart and see if it worked.

Cantstandya
Visitor

Sorry to say that the hotfix had no effect, the Sigmatel High Def audio codec is still with the yellow exclamation mark. I dont know what to try anymore, it refuses to start. I must be trying to install with wrong drivers, its like finding a needle in a stack of needles. I have no clue what Sigmatel model im looking for but just trying any i can find.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried downloading the drivers for a Vaio model that comes with XP and uses the Sigmatel chip?

Download the Original XP Drivers Package for the AR21S FROM HERE

Right-click on the downloaded .zip file and choose "Extract All". Just extract to any temporary folder.

Browse in the extracted drivers folder AR2_Drivers\Drivers\Audio\Setup.exe and run it.

:wink:

Cantstandya
Visitor

Oh man ur the greatest. So thankful for your help, ur the best horse I ever seen 😃
Got a win xp system working great now! About 5 times faster then when it had vista on it thx again.

Onuralp
Visitor

Hey Cantstandya i got FZ11M too. Is your media keys, fn keys working fully? Could you tell where did you get the Xp drivers and sony utilitys. I want to downgrade it to XP if FZ fully suported with XP.

Thanks

Cantstandya
Visitor

FN keys and volume buttons work fine, just download the ones for this sony laptop:

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-AR&m=2418

schullerus
Visitor

I see you've skills to help XP-fans. I got the vgn-fz18e vaio last week - and i'd like to kik vista. my first time failed (xp booted and runs) becuse of the lack of drivers I could get for my vaio-xp version... vista s*cks.
Any idea how and where I can get the drivers I need to put my XP on vaio?
Volker

THINK2k
Visitor

Please could you verify if you have the following soundproblem on your fz11 running windows xp sp2:

If i plug in an earphone/headphone and play a sound the sound plays on the internal speakers and on the plugged in peripheral. So this Problem is very awful because i can´t listen to music while i´m in the outside with my laptop... This would make all other people angry.

I´ve tryed several sigmatel sound drivers but no one worked for me.

The second Problem are the missing function of the FN keys (adjusting the display brightness and switch to an external video device)

thanks in advance