Join now - be part of our community!

AR31M WLAN CONNECTION

DrDago
Visitor

AR31M WLAN CONNECTION

Hi all!

I get a connection with my wlan router within a distance of 1 - 2 meters. Once the connection is built, it keeps connected also if the notebook is moved to greater distances up to ten meters or more. Perfect so far.

But if I disconnect in a greater distance, a reconnection in greater distance is then not possible. I have to move it back close to the router. It then connects automatically and everthing is fine again.

Additionally: The driver for the INTEL network chip is latest version. The router itsself is ok, works in all distances with other notebooks (under XP) perfectly wireless.

Does anyone know this problem - or far better, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

DrDago

4 REPLIES 4
PMed
Visitor

What router are you using, (netgear, belkin, linksys?)

PMed
Visitor

Have you tried opening the view wireless networks screen and clicking on refresh network list, screen is hopefully shown below. Sometimes I find that this locates networks that were not necessarily located originally.

DrDago
Visitor

I use a T 154 SE from German T-Com. A very spread and reliable Model in Germany. Broadband, LAN and WLAN combined in one unit.

DrDago
Visitor

I refreshed the network list very often. And there are some effects, I cant explain, indeed. The bars (5 in total of differnt length), which show something like intensity of the available network, sometimes differ beetween two refreshings in one or two bars.- For me a sign of a not stable detection of the radio quality by my computer - another Vaio from 2005 - located direct next to the problematic one, doesnt show these effects.