Join now - be part of our community!

Screen appearance

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeremy6005
Visitor

Screen appearance

Hi all

I have a slight problem with screen appearance on my Vaio VGN AR31M. Whenever it wakes up from sleep or hibernate mode the appearance is slightly bigger and seems slightly 'blurred' - the clarity and definition of an otherwise excellent quality have degraded. If I restart it returns to the original size and definition until it has been sleeping again. I have tried resetting the appearance (right click on the main screen etc) but the problem persists. Does this make sense in explaining the problem?

Any suggestions?

Jeraldo

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

RESOLUTION

To work around this issue, use any of the following methods:
•Do not use the 3D Maze screen saver in Full Screen mode.
•Use the When the alarm goes off, the computer will 'Hibernate' or 'Standby' value for the Low Batter Alarm setting instead of the Critical Battery Alarm setting.

You can found the answer in the Microsoft Knowledgebase Article: MS272554.

Laptop Computer Switches to Low Resolution After Hibernate or Standby

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeremy6005
Visitor

Thank you, itbroker! I will certainly try this and look up the article. I'm grateful, as ever, to you guys!

Jeraldo :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

RESOLUTION

To work around this issue, use any of the following methods:
•Do not use the 3D Maze screen saver in Full Screen mode.
•Use the When the alarm goes off, the computer will 'Hibernate' or 'Standby' value for the Low Batter Alarm setting instead of the Critical Battery Alarm setting.

You can found the answer in the Microsoft Knowledgebase Article: MS272554.

Laptop Computer Switches to Low Resolution After Hibernate or Standby

Hi Jeraldo,

if Itbroker solution above does not work, see blow..

Have you downloaded and installed the nVidia Graphics Driver Version 7.15.10.9813a that is available for your Vaio.?

As this hopefully should resolve the change of resolution problem..

Use the following link to download the update for your Vaio: nVidia Driver Update