Join now - be part of our community!

A few problems with my VGN-FZ21M

jayeshraja
Visitor

A few problems with my VGN-FZ21M

Hello Everyone

I've had my laptop for a few weeks now and have been very happy with it, however I'm starting to notice a few problems that are arising:

The built in camera does not work when I start the VAIO Camera Capture Utility - I get the error message "An attempt to initialize the camera failed. Please check if another software is using the camera". There is also the words 'no input' on the screen.
When I go to the setting box and choose Cam/Mic Selection my preferred camera is the one that is built in however the current camera always stays at "None"

The other problem I have is that I get no sound when I'm on the net. However if I'm watching a movie the sound works - two side notes - I get no sound when a error message pop up (it use to before) and also I get no sound when I'm playing some of the microsoft games that came with laptop ie Mahjong Titans, Minesweeper etc. (same thing sound before but not now)

Some information for you

I am running Window Vista - Have been downloading all the latest updates.
My device Manager says the every is working.

Sorry for the long question but would be grateful for any help/advice

Jayesh

4 REPLIES 4
jayeshraja
Visitor

Just an update...

Downloaded Window Service Pack today and have now manage to get the camera working :clap: .

Just the sound problem to resolve........ :pray:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Just the sound problem to resolve........ :pray:

Hi jayeshraja,

have you checked audio settings have not been reset to factory defaults.?

To change the default audio settings, do the following..

Click Start, then Control Panel.

Click Hardware and Sound, then Manage Audio Devices.

In the sound window click on Playback or Recording tabs to change audio settings..

jayeshraja
Visitor

Thanks for the advice.. but no luck :slight_frown:

Still no sound with windows default sound and no sound when I'm watching (for example) bbc.co.uk/iplayer

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jayeshraja,

try a system restore, whilst in safe mode, to an point before your Vaio had this problem..

To boot into safe mode, Start your vaio and when the vaio logo appears press the F8 key repeatedly

HERE is a guide should you need it.. :slight_smile: