Join now - be part of our community!

RUNDLL Error

soul-salien
Visitor

RUNDLL Error

Hi Vaio Support....since I bought my laptop (VGN-FE31M)..didn't have any problem..but yesterday been trying to adjust monitor power setting and save energy..but when press button power in display properties the follow msm apper: :smileygrin:

RUNDLL

A exception occurred while try to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,control_RunDllpowercfg.cpl,,".

so it really anoinng me cos sometimes I leave the computer on throug the night and now can't sleep cos the monitor doesn't turn off.

Thank You!

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi soul-salien,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Try doing a system restore to a point before you started receiving the system error message.. :slight_smile:

FYI Club vaio a users forum and is not the same as Vaio-support .. :slight_smile:

soul-salien
Visitor

Thanks for reply me...but I still can't fix the problem :slight_frown: ...I've been trying all the restore point possible but at the end Windows say it restoracion is not possible.
May can be a Windows error wich will make me more upset....just bought that brand new VAIO (trying to avoid desappoiment with another manufacture) a 3 moths ago and already got a problem.
Really wish not waste my time making all reinstalacion and updates back again.....

Thank You!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Have you tried going to Start > Run and then typing in

sfc / scannow

soul-salien
Visitor

Hi friend... :cool:
been typing the command you said but I think nothing happen bcause MS-DOS' windows open and close instantly.....and not more action....
What I suppost to do after......sorry bother you....just wish my VAIO be a VAIO!

Another thing is...IF is necessary to do the recovery application...how i do without to install all that apliccation because few of those I really don't use which just full up my hard disk!

Thank you!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's a SFC (System Files Checker) so it should run a windows app checking the files and replacing the ones which are corrupt or bad.

Seawit
Visitor

Assuming that it is really some kind of error due to corrupted or bad dll's SFC can fix them. I've seen too many times this to error to surely state that it is only a question related to that. Sometimes is has to do with faulty installations or conflicts between devices. You can also try to update first your machine, specially if you're using Media Center 2005 Edition, including the non-vital software rollover updates. Then let us know how it went.

soul-salien
Visitor

....(laptop bought in October 08th 2006)= 4 months.

HI...since I change my HP'laptop for one V.A.I.O SONY...just had dissapointment with it.....(2 waste of time doing system recovery wich means prepare all my staff twice) and now after 3 weeks of peace one more time I think will need again...and to get worst my system recorvery aplication doesn't open from start menu....I'm such luck because I made my Recovery CD when I got it. LUCK! LUCK!

Since last night everthing was ok....this morning turn on the computer....
1. Point.exe econtered problems and need to close..something like that.
2. Trying to do system recovery from Windows itself..none of my recovery point doesn't working. (Wich one been worst... SONY laptop or Microsoft Windows?).
3. SONY' Recorvery application NOT work.
4. and NEW one.. when turn off computer kind of mensage appear: memory error fcx''(something..something and somethig)

so for anyone wich see it....probably something serious happen with it.
How you can see since I discovered that FORUM just had some complain...really sorry don't mean it...but need some happyness after my daily stressfull day.

Thank you....and really will be happy if someone look after it like when looked after to buy a new computer for me.

Thank you

Mr. Nobrega.