Join now - be part of our community!

Removing the annoying beep (adjust volume) on my Vaio.

profile.country.IT.title
robbordi2
New

Removing the annoying beep (adjust volume) on my Vaio.

I would like to know if there's a way to remove that damned beep that I hear at each pressure of Fn+F3/Fn+F4 to adjust the volume on my vaio VGN-NR11Z/S.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Prelude90,

the beep sound you are referring to is called pi.wav, this can usually be found in C > Program Files > Sony > VAIO Event Service.

To stop the beep simply rename the pi.wav file extension to something else . Then if ever you want to restore the beep sound you can just change the name back. :slight_smile:

If you can not find the file in Vaio event service try doing a system search for pi.wav.

profile.country.IT.title
robbordi2
New

Hi Prelude90,

the beep sound you are referring to is called pi.wav, this can usually be found in C > Program Files > Sony > VAIO Event Service.

To stop the beep simply rename the pi.wav file extension to something else . Then if ever you want to restore the beep sound you can just change the name back. :slight_smile:

If you can not find the file in Vaio event service try doing a system search for pi.wav.

Thank you so much, it works. :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

PastorFlaps
Visitor

Thalamus

Can you help with my query. The extended function for the F keys have stopped working.
I used to get the beep however they dont work at all now

Thanks

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Paul,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

I notice Blencogo has already replied to your other post HERE

@nton_
Visitor

its works!