Join now - be part of our community!

Looking for XP MCE 071025b HDMI Software Update for XL201

flanker2
Visitor

Looking for XP MCE 071025b HDMI Software Update for XL201

I have only had my XL201 for about 3 months, and whilst I have got most things working - including BBC HD using DVB-viewer I am still stuck with the HDMI audio.

Before I throw my 7600GT in the bin (Can't get HDMI output working into my TV) I was wondering if anyone could point me at the XP version of the Windows XP MCE HDMI Software Update

Very old posts on this forum refer to "HDMI Software 071025".

In theory this came (in 2007/2008) in both XP MCE and Vista flavours.

My graphics driver is still stuck in 2006 (with no XP updates on the Sony site) - and only does 1080i or 720p. Although I have also tried much more recent Forceware drivers and have got 1080p working just fine - they still didn't fix the HDMI audio. I desparation I have tried rolling back to the factory image and am trying to fix this from the bottom up with an original Sony driver. Problem is that none of the Sony XP driver updates seem to be hosted on the Sony support website anymore.

I have managed to find the 071025c Vista version of this update but just can't seem to find a 071025b XP version.

I know I could start-off down the new graphics card, Windows 7 route, but before I go and spend £130+ (Win 7 + 9500gt) I thought I would have one last go at seeing if I could fix the problem.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi flanker2,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I have found, what appears to be, a link for HDMI Software 071025a but I can not confirm if this is compatible with your XL201, therefore I not comfortable posting on the forum.

If you want to take the risk then I'm happy to supply the link via private message, however you may want to try contacting vaio support to see if they could supply you with the correct update for your Vaio first..