Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Media on initial start up - HELP!!!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
trpatel54
Visitor

Recovery Media on initial start up - HELP!!!

hi, i have a sony vaio - VPCF13M8EB. im trying to create Recovery Disc's but when ever i try to burn the disc's the system fails with an error message. i have repeated the process about 5 times (different branded disc's). the drive seems to work fine as i have tested it by burning photos and videos.

can anyone help?

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I assume you have installed the new version of Vaio Care from Vaio Update? 

If so, I can't think of anything else to try and I would contact Vaio Support to see if they have a fix - or as a last resort ask them to send you a Recovery Disc Set free of charge.

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

Can you tell us what the error message says?

Have you installed any other software like Daemon Tools or other Virtual Disk software?

What sort of discs are you using?  Usually DVD+R from Sony, Verbatim or TDK are favorites.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I assume you have installed the new version of Vaio Care from Vaio Update? 

If so, I can't think of anything else to try and I would contact Vaio Support to see if they have a fix - or as a last resort ask them to send you a Recovery Disc Set free of charge.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
trpatel54
Visitor

Hi, sorry i cant remember exactly. approx says 'Error has occured...the disc cannot be re-used..insert another disc and try again'.

I have used about 4 different brands (DVD-R & DVD+R).

I havent installed any software yet....just took it out of the box yesterday.

Even did a factory reset and tried again...still failed..have no idea what this is happening.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

hopefully someone from Sony should have contacted you..

Strzeb
Explorer

i have the same/similar problem. i have got through around 10 discs DVD-R. Best result was complete disc 3 (out of 4). From what i can gleen from the web(which isnt much) something might be running in the background but i dont know what. McAfee was deactivated and firewall opened, and internet link blocked.

How do i contact Sony?