Join now - be part of our community!

Random VpmLM.exe

profile.country.en_GB.title
splurd
Visitor

Random VpmLM.exe

I have vaio vpcf12moe.  The programme VpmLM.exe seems to start randomly and uses 500mb of memory usually noticed by fan running high speed. Anybody know what the programme does. Tried starting from folder and nothing appears to happen.  Also the comp starts randomly from hibernation and sleep with the lid closed, this may also coincide with when Vp mLM.exe runs.

Any help to clarify whats going on would be appreciated.

regards splurd

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This is the Vaio Personalisation Manager which keeps track of your favorite music, programs etc.  As far as I can work out it is designed to make personalised recommendations of music or other things you may be interested in when using Vaio Media Gallery.  Rather like Amazon's Personal Recommendations.

If you don't want this service then just disable it.  Go to VAIO Analysis Manager and you will find an option something like ' Preference Learning' - just uncheck it and reboot.

:wink:

splurd
Visitor

Blenco

Problem appears solve. Thanks very much

Derek

profile.country.nl_NL.title
maho_91
Visitor

Hey splurd,

How did u solve your problem? Right now i am having the same problem. It randomly turns on, use's 40% off my CPU and my fan also starts to blow harder. When I get it I just end the process, but it still randomly pops up. I also tried like u to start the programme for his folder but I also didn't get anything. How did u solve it?

splurd
Visitor

maho 91

I followed the suggestion from Blencogo (this reply should be in the forum) as below:

'This is the Vaio Personalisation Manager which keeps track of your favorite music, programs etc.  As far as I can work out it is designed to make personalised recommendations of music or other things you may be interested in when using Vaio Media.  Rather like Amazon's Personal Recommendations.

If you don't want this service then just disable it.  Go to VAIO Analysis Manager and you will find an option something like ' Preference Learning' - just uncheck it and reboot.'

It seems to have done the trick. Best of luck.

Splurd

profile.country.nl_NL.title
maho_91
Visitor

Where is this VAIO Analysis Manager? Cant find it :$

splurd
Visitor

The preference learning thing is in:

- control panel - system and security - vaio analysis manager settings (open this up) and under 'current settings' is 'preference learning'.

- double click the line 'preference learning - on' and a screen will show what is selected to be learned.

- select change settings at bottom and if 'user account control 'comes up select 'allow'

- uncheck the 'use preference learning function' box and apply.

Best of luck.

umutsakin
New

Merhaba VpmLM.exe çalıştığında %25 e varan CPU kullanıyor. Hiçbir program açık olmasa bile fan sürekli çalışıyor. Ctrl+Alt+Delete yapıp görev yöneticisini başlatıp işlemi sonlandırdığım anda bilgisayar düzeliyor. Bunu sürekli yapmaktan bıktım bu sorun neden oluyor. Bu konuyla ilgili yardım ederseniz çok sevinirim.