annulla
Visualizzazione dei risultati per 
Cerca invece 
Intendevi dire: 

Iscriviti adesso. Entra a far parte della nostra community!

lost both mouse and keyboard is there a solution? help please

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamdown2010
Esploratore

lost both mouse and keyboard is there a solution? help please

good morning all

yesterday after a restart, i could not use my mouse, i got into safe mode and thats when i found that i could not use the keyboard for the help search, i used the assist button in the did a check on the disk (the mouse worked in that mode) which was ok.

I  left the computer running overnight because although there is no control i can hear as if it is trying to access the mouse (that sound when you unplug and replug the usb for the mouse) with no success, i find  using the assist i can get the full menu for diagnostic and recovery, but obviously i cant use my mouse.

i have another hd with some (not up to date) using now, with caddy i can see the problem disk but cannot see in in windows explorer.

any ideas?

4 RISPOSTE 4
jamdown2010
Esploratore

Sony vaio vpcee3z0e windows 7

jamdown2010
Esploratore

sorry double post

jamdown2010
Esploratore

this all kicked off from a Internet security software. on some rare cases if installation or removal hangs, can cause incomplete  installation or removal, and it can cause the problem that i now have (i wont say which brand it is, i quite like the product and will continue to use them after hopefully this is resolved. 

i thought i would check out other options.

right now i am in contact which them and they / we are trying to fix it albeit with a tool that i dont think is working all that good.

if that dont work out will return to this, would be interesting to know if the other guys problem had the same source.

i have already managed a system restore to earlier good date, on pre startup that dident do the trick.

will keep watching with interest.

regards

jamdown2010
Esploratore

I have with the help of KIS support and recovery disk (after many boots) managed to recover the use of mouse and keyboard.

I can now see that I am dot due an easy ride.

The first alert I had in this new situation, on booting I got> 

SMART hard disk error>please consider backup of the hard disk>press esc. (I pressed esc)

I noted which I haven’t seen before, two versions for selection -"windows7 home premium (recovered)" and "windows 7" (I selected the former).

Got in, all looked in order, mouse/kb working BUT due to what happened (long story) before, I have 2 installations of KIS, I have special removal tool for removing all in the meantime due to conflict?? I am not protected. One of the advices for removal is "system restore".

System restore has got a problem and when I try trough sys prop > sys protection> unexpected error on property page, the file name, dir name, or volume label sys is incorrect. 0x8007007B - close and try again.

I have also been using some of VAIO CARE, did a scan of disk indicated no problems.

There are some other parts of vaio care that I have nor used that require internet connection. I have un plugged my internet cable because since KIS conflict whatever protection is nonexistent, I don’t want to get infected by rooming trojans seeking vulnerable connections.

I kept getting messages of imminent disk failure and possible even when disk check in vaio care was running.

I suspect I am rambling on too much but right now I haven’t a clue of the best way forward, is the disk really about to fail, loosing all that work, and system restore, one of the options I used when booting up (pre keybd/mouse) was to select restore to earlier date, it did not resolve the problem and not even sure it went back or failed.