Join now - be part of our community!

Problem connecting Vaio VGN-FZ31S

dandyy11
Visitor

Problem connecting Vaio VGN-FZ31S

hiii everyone i've got the Sony Vaio VGN-FZ31S and recently purchsed a VGA to TV-S Video RCA AV 3 Cable to be able to use it with my tv for viewing movies but i have absolutely no idea how to get on with it as i've tried my best but or no use coz i aint a Compu genius. So plz anyone who has any idea how to solve this major issue plz help me and an immediqte response will b highly appreciated...Cheeeers

Sam !!!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Sam and welcome.

The cable output from the VGA socket is a RGB signal and most TVs don't have a RGB input. All PC Monitor VGA sockets are not not wired for S-Video so the cable you have will not work.

You will need to convert the signal to an AV signal (Composite Video or S-Video signal) and that will require a signal converter.

Any of the Boxes here will do the job but they are more expensive than the cable:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vga+to+av+converter&x=16&y...

:wink:

dandyy11
Visitor

thnxxxx ma8

dandyy11
Visitor

hiiii i alsooo wannna knw after buyinngg the component what sort of actions i have to do on my computer....i meann some step by step guide....Cheeeers

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thinking about it, the FZ31S has a S-Video TV output and may connect direct to your TV.

What connections does your TV have?

:thinking:

dandyy11
Visitor

Welll its got 3 AV spots in Red, Yellow and White in colour....hope tatt helpz and also plz tell me what steps do i neeed to perform on my computer (i mean how to configure settings etc)
Cheeeeers

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unless you have a dedicated s-video socket or a VGA socket on the TV you will need to buy a converter box.

Yellow = Composite Video
Red & White are the two stereo sound channels.

The Yellow Red and White will correspond to sockets on the converter box. The converter box will come with full instructions to get it to work. These instructions will be different for each device.

:slight_frown: