Join now - be part of our community!

Post hibernation wireless connection eratic - Vista FZ19VN

Annoyed2
Visitor

Post hibernation wireless connection eratic - Vista FZ19VN

After I bring my brand new Vaio out of hibernation (which I use a lot to help save teh planet) my wireless connection either doesnot connect at all or only connects localley.

It is set to connect automatically in vista.

No one seems to have a solution to this an it has apparently been an unresolved problem with other models and with Windows XP. It seems to nme that this should be given a higher priority by Sony given the impact on climate change of us all having to leave our PC's on in order to practically use them.

Plus - why do they put the serial number on the rear of teh unit you are trying to register? And in such smalll type. Just getting to this point has taken me 30 minutes asdn I am not a happy bunny.

I registered the nickname Annoyed but had to pick Annoyed2 becuase someone already had it. I can see why.

Annoyed2

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Annoyed2 and welcome.

This seems to be a general Vista fault. Have you tried Microsoft Hotfix KB933872

Don't ask me - it is annoying trying to read the serial number! The Serial Number is on the box in bigger type and can also be accessed in Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre -> System Information.

Hope you get your problems sorted.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Even worse when you can't see well

miniminime456
Visitor

I'm afriad i can't offer you a hotfix or anything but i have found i also that , (i have the same problem) before you switch to hibernate, just turn the wireless off, then as soon as you have turned it on, turn the wireless back on and it should be ok.

davemee
Visitor

Blencogo, excellent link and insight, as usual. Seems vista has been plagued by this issue, and I'm looking forward to november when SP1 comes out and hibernation can actually be used without killing the wifi and remote control.

Miniminime, that's a great suggestion. I was going through a painful process of finding the network devices, disabling wireless, waiting, then re-enabling it (or constantly "diagnosing").

Thanks guys!

Annoyed2
Visitor

Thank you very much - this hot fix works!!!!

No longer annoyed.

Sorry it took me so long to reply but the responses were treated as spam and I missed the notifications.