Join now - be part of our community!

playback of bluray dvds from FZ11Z to KDL46w2000 tv

jimbro51
Visitor

playback of bluray dvds from FZ11Z to KDL46w2000 tv

i am a pc luddite so keep it simple
iconnect my new pc to my new tv with a hdmi cable,i play a bluray disc on pc and get picture and sound on pc but picture only on tv.i have lots of emails from sony,went to sony centre in leeds,no one will confirm whether this is even possible.
any ideas before i bin the lot
thanks

4 REPLIES 4
natfancy
Visitor

I am having the same problem, except blu ray won't even play, and dvd is crap quality and no sound. This product simply does not do what it is advertised as doing, and it's about time sony got their grubby fingers out and helped disgruntled fz11z owners like you and me. I am really pissed off about this. :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

Firstly do both of you have the Sigma Tel High Def codec installed?

Go to control panel - sound - then choose that option as the default.

Natfancy - you may have to elaborate a little.
Regarding the blu ray is there an update for your model for windvd?

jimbro51
Visitor

thanks jumpsuit,i have already tried sound and also enabled the hdmi link without success.i have just discovered that if i hit Fn and f7 keys i get choice of screens and by jiggling around i can now play SD DVDS with picture aND SOUND ON MY TV BUT STILL NO LUCK WITH BLURAY SOUND.THE BLURAY PLAYS GREAT ON THE LAPTOP AND YOU NEED TO PLAY WITH fN PLUS f7 KEYS TO MAKE THIS WORK.
SONY HAVE NO DEFINITIVE ANSWER TO MY QYESTION :DOES THE FZ11Z PLAYBACK BLURAY THROUGH HD TVS ESPECIALLY SONYS OWN??????

budgetmil
Visitor

thanks jumpsuit,i have already tried sound and also enabled the hdmi link without success.i have just discovered that if i hit Fn and f7 keys i get choice of screens and by jiggling around i can now play SD DVDS with picture aND SOUND ON MY TV BUT STILL NO LUCK WITH BLURAY SOUND.THE BLURAY PLAYS GREAT ON THE LAPTOP AND YOU NEED TO PLAY WITH fN PLUS f7 KEYS TO MAKE THIS WORK.
SONY HAVE NO DEFINITIVE ANSWER TO MY QYESTION :DOES THE FZ11Z PLAYBACK BLURAY THROUGH HD TVS ESPECIALLY SONYS OWN??????

Sony laptops work well with Toshiba HD Tvs.
Toshiba laptops work well with Sony HD TVs.
That's what we call a gentleman agreement ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: