Join now - be part of our community!

Poor support on vaio laptop in warranty period

virenm
Visitor

Poor support on vaio laptop in warranty period

Hi
This is my second vaio laptop that has developed defect during warranty period. vgn-sz4mn/b bought few months ago can not play cd/dvd. bad (wonder why i keep buying vaio). E support is a complete farce and telepnone support (0870.. number) is marginally better. You have to ring them to keep reminding them.
My advise to myself- dont spend so much on vaio next time and buy something cheaper- who knows it might not even break in warranty period and if it does there might be a decent support.

4 REPLIES 4
belalim
Visitor

yea i had that tooh, with mine vaio sz2m/b, my keyboard was defect.. i waited for 4 weeks for it :S for just 1 keyboard... And yes like you said,, you have to ring them everytime to remind them.. well for godsake that was horrible.. my next laptop would i think "IBM" they making top laptops! its a bit expensive but you get the stuff for your money!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi virenm and welcome.

Have you installed any CD/DVD burning software recently?

Try going to Device Manager and expanding CD/DVD-ROM Drives. Is there a yellow warning ! or ?. If there is then right-click on it and choose properties - what is the Error Code?

:thinking:

virenm
Visitor

Yes tried all sorts (I have read your advice about faulty cd drives) including recovery ! now awaiting for laptop to be collected. Point is that it is a faulty laptop and there is very poor support. e support is farce- either read it and act on it or stop it altogether.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry to hear about your problem - I hope things get sorted out quickly.

:slight_frown: