Join now - be part of our community!

Partitioning of Hard Disk and Recovery Disk - VGN-NR11M/S

atul_agwl
Visitor

Partitioning of Hard Disk and Recovery Disk - VGN-NR11M/S

Hi Friends,

1. As VAIO doesn't give provide any partition other than hidden recovery partition. I want to do the partitioning of the hard disk. Is there any way to create more partitions other than C: out of 141 GB available hard disk (Total 160 GB with VGN-NR11M/S).

2. I have read it in the booklet that before creating the Recovery Disk, we must take the VAIO update. Is it necessary to take the VAIO update before creating the recovery disk and what all updates would be required.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,
Atul

4 REPLIES 4
helloimgeoff1
Visitor

I recently had a bash at partitioning my FZ12Z. When I did, I seem to recall that I did the VAIO update first, as I used my laptop for a few days as it was before I did the reformat. When I did the reformat I had the 3DVD's ready, and inserted the first one on boot up. To which I was presented with a screen asking me which partition I want to install on, I made 4 partitions total, kept recovery, made 25GB for Ubuntu, 1GB for swap space on Ubuntu, then the rest for Vista. I then told it to install Vista on the partition made for it - after that finished, all sorted :slight_smile:

Best of luck, Geoff.

atul_agwl
Visitor

thanks for the reply. Will try this and let you know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Atul

obafemzy
Visitor

HI

Pls i have NR11s/s and my recovery disk is bad but i need a copy,i dont know if you can help me with your copy of recovery disk,i stay in Nigeria,pls if you can mail me on obafemzy@yahoo.com,thanks

Hi Friends,

1. As VAIO doesn't give provide any partition other than hidden recovery partition. I want to do the partitioning of the hard disk. Is there any way to create more partitions other than C: out of 141 GB available hard disk (Total 160 GB with VGN-NR11M/S).

2. I have read it in the booklet that before creating the Recovery Disk, we must take the VAIO update. Is it necessary to take the VAIO update before creating the recovery disk and what all updates would be required.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,
Atul

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi
Atul,

With Vista you can resize your C drive using Disk Management..

To do this:

Right click on the Computer icon and select Manage.

Click continue on the User Account Control window.

Expand the Storage section and select Disk Management.

Then right click the partition and select either Expand or Shrink to change the size of the partition.

This should allow you to safely resize your C drive without any data loss.. :wink:

I have found a guide explaining the process, to view the guide use the following link: Resize a Partition