Join now - be part of our community!

Need Help Formating

a7med_360
Visitor

Need Help Formating

hey, ive decided to format my laptop and re-install vista, but ive heard many places u can only install vista once is that true?...also how do i format because the vaio laptops "F" keys on boot are different from other machines i have delt with also, i would just like to format my C:\ drive not the D:\ drive will it give me an option to do that???

thankss

13 REPLIES 13
a7med_360
Visitor

seriously no one knows?

a7med_360
Visitor

im sorry if i keep annoying everyone here about this..... but u dnt understand how important it is, for me to do this at this moment please someone must know??? will it re install with the same key and will it only format my C:\ drive

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I really don't know as I (like most people) have never used the Express Upgrade Disc to re-install Vista.

As the Express Upgrade Disc carried out a clean install, it is reasonable to suppose it will act the same way again as when you used it last - this can only be a few weeks ago.

When you installed Vista did it give you an option where to install Vista and also the choice of keeping your existing partitions? I expect it will do exactly the same as before but it would be the sensible approach to back up any data you need to keep just in case.

Using the Fn keys will only recover XP on your Vaio - you will need to do it from the Upgrade Discs.

:thinking:

a7med_360
Visitor

thankssss yeee it allowed me to leave prtitions....thank you ill back everything up on a BD disc and the partitioned harddrive then try it