Join now - be part of our community!

Need Help Formating

a7med_360
Visitor

Need Help Formating

hey, ive decided to format my laptop and re-install vista, but ive heard many places u can only install vista once is that true?...also how do i format because the vaio laptops "F" keys on boot are different from other machines i have delt with also, i would just like to format my C:\ drive not the D:\ drive will it give me an option to do that???

thankss

13 REPLIES 13
a7med_360
Visitor

anyone... i need to do this withing nxt 45minutesssss

WASonline
Visitor

hey, ive decided to format my laptop and re-install vista, but ive heard many places u can only install vista once is that true?...also how do i format because the vaio laptops "F" keys on boot are different from other machines i have delt with also, i would just like to format my C:\ drive not the D:\ drive will it give me an option to do that???

thankss

You can only install OEM Vista (which comes with a Vaio) on the computer where you got Vista with. So you can't install Vista on your other PC, using the same licence.

But you probably don't have a Windows Vista installation cd to reinstall it manually. You don't get one with your laptop. So I would advise you to use the recovery tool, and recover your computer to it's original state.

a7med_360
Visitor

i got the vista installations discs from sony/moduslink with the drivers....

a7med_360
Visitor

so does this mean i can re install vista and only format my C:\ drive?????? and leave my D:\ drive un-touched??...

a7med_360
Visitor

anyone???? im sorry for asking alot but I REALLY NEED TO DO THIS, WITHIN THE NXT HALF HOUR PLZZZZZZ someone tell me 😞

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sorry, I would help you, but I've never had to use the Vista upgrade DVDs because Vista was preinstalled.

a7med_360
Visitor

Sorry, I would help you, but I've never had to use the Vista upgrade DVDs because Vista was preinstalled.

No need to apologize,,,, but do u have any idea what are "F" boot keys for vaio?

plzzz if anyone else knws if i can format n reinstall using the upgrade discs plzz post

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

F10 for the recovery system
F2 for the BIOS

hope that helps.

a7med_360
Visitor

thankss...now all i need to knw is will it only format my C:\ drive or actualy install after i format.....thanks for ur help kee-lo