Join now - be part of our community!

My Webcam stopped working after installing windows 7

profile.country.sv_SE.title
LinneaJ
Visitor

My Webcam stopped working after installing windows 7

When I installed windows 7 on my Vaio VGN-NS11M the webcam stopped working properly.

I can still use it for skype, but Im not able to use it to take pictures. Its like the Vaio doesnt see it anymore.

How can I get it back on track?

Thankful for all the help I can get, bear in mind though that Im a bit of a dummy in this department:)

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

When you bought your Vaio, you will have had a program called Arcsoft Webcam Companion installed.  This is what supports the camera functions you are looking for.

If you did an UPGRADE to Windows 7, this program will still be on your computer.  However, if you did a clean install of Windows 7, then the hard drive will have been formatted and all programs and data lost.  Unfortunately, for licensing reasons, Sony do not allow a download of this software, so you will have to find an alternative source.  Either you can buy a copy or try to find a Windows 7 compatible version for free.  Try Google and I hear that Sony USA do allow this download, so try to find the closest model to yours on www.sony.com.

:wink: