Join now - be part of our community!

My Vaio vpcec250e will not install update 5.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
neanderthal76
Explorer

My Vaio vpcec250e will not install update 5.

I have tried turning off the AVG security but it will still not install. A box pops up saying I should check my anti-virus settings.Tried everything that I know but no luck. Any advice welcomed. Thank you in advance.. :thinking:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi neanderthal76,

Please have a look at this thread.

https://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/697665#697665

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi neanderthal76,

Please have a look at this thread.

https://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/697665#697665

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
neanderthal76
Explorer

Hi Rich, I looked at the thread you supplied but it was not much help. I tried running it as Administrator but still the same result. I emailed tech support who could only suggest that perhaps there are no updates for my particular model, this still does not explain why the updater is not updating itself ie. updating the updater.

The present updater will not work until it is updated, but the error report prevents that from happening. The error report blames the antivirus program but I have tried with it disabled.I shall keep popping back to check the thread to see if a fix has been applied. Anyway thank you for replying. Best Regards Terry.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Terry,

I know this must be frustrating but Investigations are still ongoing with the problem and as you will have noticed from the other thread you are not alone. Support is updating us with progress and once a solution is found it will be posted in the other thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
neanderthal76
Explorer

Hi Rich, My apologies, when you directed me to the other thread I mistakenly thought there was a fix for the problem. It must be my age. Thanks again for your reply, I shall be waiting patiently.  Regards,Terry. 

goldbox
Visitor

Just wanted to say thanx Rich, i've been poppin back and wondering if i've missed because i'm a total technomuppet, so your post about it still ongoing is reassuring and i'll just wait  xxx:smileyhappy: