Join now - be part of our community!

my CD-Rome does not work

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MABASHAR
Visitor

my CD-Rome does not work

Hi there,

My laptop model VGN-FW21M. I am using Windows Vista home p. Recently CD-ROM drive is missing. i have seen in device manager that there showing this message.

''Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)''
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MABASHAR,
If Device Manager is reporting an error code of 39 for the drive then it is probably a registry problem. I recommend that you backup your registry before proceeding.
Then:
1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter. Or type Regedit in the search field and then double click on Regedit (under Programs)
2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created.
After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.
Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MABASHAR,
If Device Manager is reporting an error code of 39 for the drive then it is probably a registry problem. I recommend that you backup your registry before proceeding.
Then:
1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter. Or type Regedit in the search field and then double click on Regedit (under Programs)
2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created.
After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.
Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat