Join now - be part of our community!

Motion Eye Not Working!!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
pat9oo
Visitor

Motion Eye Not Working!!!!!

Hi i  have had a sony vaio VGC-LA2 for a few years now and for the first couple of months my motion eye webcam worked but then it stopped for some reason i dont no what the cause was and i dont know what the answer is. if anybody could help me fix it, it would be much appreciated thank you.

pat9oo

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi pat9oo,

First have a look in Device Manager to see if the camera driver is installed correctly.

In Device Manager, expand 'Imaging Devices'

Your camera, if installed correctly, should be listed as 'Sony Visual Communications Camera VGP-VCC2'

If it is not there, look in all categories of Device Manager for a USB Camera.

:thinking:

pat9oo
Visitor

ok i opened device manager then expanded imagining devices and it says usb video device now what

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Download the original Drivers Package for your model to a folder where you can find it from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGC-LA2

Right-click on the downloaded filem LA2_Drivers.zip, and choose 'Extract All'. Extract to C:\

The driver must be installed  from Device Manager and you must force it to install the Sony driver manually or it will try to install the generic Windows driver.

1. Find the USB Video Device in Device Manager and double-click on it.

2. Go to Driver tab and select Update Driver.

3. Select Browse my computer for driver software.

4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

5. Select Have Disk....

6. Select Browse....

7. Browse to your downloaded driver folder containing the .inf file. (C:\LA2_Drivers\Drivers\Camera\VGP-VCC2\R5U870FL.INF)

8. Next ..........

9. If you get a warning screen, select "Install Anyway".

10. Close & Re-Boot

Try the camera.  If it does not work you will have to reistall the two camera Utility programs: -

1. VAIO Camera Utility

2. VAIO Camera Capture Utility

:wink:

pat9oo
Visitor

i have done that but it says that the usb drive has already got the latest installs