Join now - be part of our community!

Making a Media recovery disc

Whiteyd
Visitor

Making a Media recovery disc

Hi to you all, I'm a newbie.
Vaio VGN-FS515H. Dual layer DVD+-RW
Been trying to make media recovery disc but it keeps self ejecting at about 85% with "error on disc" before completion. Using DVD-R as per the manual. Any help please,-- ruined 4 discs so far.
Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22
Whiteyd
Visitor

Hi
thanks for the offer but i think it is very similar to the one I have.

Whiteyd
Visitor

Hi. Thalamus.Thanks for your reply.
I messed up that last post. I was trying to attach a screenshot (bit of a novice) of my RECOVERYDISC, but it was too large, -- how did you do yours?. I found "how to attach screenshot" on one of the topics, but cant remember how I found it (searching is the only prob'with this otherwise great, and helpful site). Anyway, -- as I stated,- although I was only able to make one disc, 3gb, it appears to be similar to the ones you offer. If I can give you the S/shot maybe you can advise me further?
Thanks again. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Whiteyd,

I used Vista's snipping tool to capture the image I posted above..

Here is a link to the tread I think you're referring to:[GUIDE] How To Post A Screenshot

Whiteyd
Visitor

Hi Thalamus.
Hopefully an image of my RECOVERYDISC (3GB)is on screen. As you may have seen in the previous posts we were not sure if 2 discs should have been made. Can you tell if this disc will suffice?
Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Whiteyd,

could you provide an image of the contents of the APR & APR2 folders please.?

Whiteyd
Visitor

Hi Thalamus.
Contents of ARP, & ARP2, attached.
Thanks.

Whiteyd
Visitor

Hi, sorry made a mess of that,here's the other one.

Whiteyd
Visitor

We'll get there soon. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Whiteyd,

to be honest it looks like everything is there BUT without having another set of recovery disc's for the exact FS515 model as your it's difficult to say for sure..

Unfortunately the only way to confirm if the disc will work correctly is to try using it to recover your Vaio..

Whiteyd
Visitor

Hi again Thalamus.
I thought that might be the case, maybe someone with the same model will spot the thread.The wizard said it was complete so will have to trust it, & find out when,& if I need it. Is it ok to leave the disc on, as it seems to be getting a few downloads?
Thanks.