Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard and touchpad 'working' but not responding?

orlcolli
New

Keyboard and touchpad 'working' but not responding?

Hello.

My laptop is a Vaio VPCEB4E4E.

On July 23rd, a few hours after the latest Windows update was installed on my laptop, the touchpad, suddenly and without provocation, stopped working. As I had previously had problems with it's zoom function malfunctioning which would right themselves if I restarted the computer, I restarted it, but to no luck.

I plugged in a usb mouse and checked the driver but it said that it was working properly and that there were no further updates. As I had urgent work to do I just continued my work but then again few hours later the keyboard decided to stop responding too.

Using the on-screen keyboard and usb mouse, I checked out both drivers, restarted my computer, checked for dodgy files which may have downloaded, ran a virus scan, and restarted the laptop after taking out the battery and AC adaptor, restarted again in Safe Mode, but still no luck.

At that point I reset the system to be restore point five days ago and then it blue screened, I turned it off and on again and it blue screened again. I tried once more and suddenly it began to work again but still without the keyboard or touchpad.

The touchpad is still not working but I eventually got the keyboard working again by resetting it to default in BIOS four times. The first time it didn't work at all, the second time it worked until I got past the user login screen but stopped once I logged in, the third time it worked in BIOS but not at the user login screen and it's been working from the fourth attempt.

Since uninstalling the touchpad driver it has not reinstalled and when I downloaded the driver from the internet and tried to reinstall that way it says that I'm reinstalling a driver which is already present and functioning normally.

I was wondering if anyone else had any recommendations on how I could fix it or what might be wrong with it so I posted to the .com site but was redirected here.

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0