Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Explorer 7 keeps crashing

tmbfca
Visitor

Internet Explorer 7 keeps crashing

Help! - I've got a VGN-AR41m Vista home premium 32bit and IE7 crashes every time I go online with BT broadband using a wireless homehub. Most of the time it works much slower than XP, even though the memory is twice what is was on my old machine, and the hard drive ten times bigger.

I only use Office and adobe reader, keep a few photos and a few primitive tax and accounting programs on the machine - no gaming or anything fancy. I'm finding it all very frustrating. I see a lot of people want to go back to XP.

Can you help please?

Many thanks
:slight_frown:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tmbfca,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Right click on the internet explorer icon on your desktop and select Start Without Add-ons..

Does internet Explorer still crash..?

If not Right click on the internet explorer icon on your desktop and select Properties..

Select the Advanced Tab in the new Internet Explorer properties window, then click the reset button.

Are you now able to open Internet explorer normally without any crashes.?

tmbfca
Visitor

Thank you - that certainly seems to have helped - I will keep you posted....

Perhaps you should be called hyperthalamaus lolx

:smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Lol you're welcome.. :slight_smile:

lineman2
New

for the past month internet explorer crashes when i attempt to download, ive put up with it but as I have been trying to download the free upgrade for windows 10 everytime microsoft down load to windows update it crashes. three times theve tried but it keeps saing its failed, dont seem to have the installion disc just the registration disc.