Join now - be part of our community!

INSTALL WINDOWS TO NEW HARD DISK DRIVE

SOLVED
nikoskontis
Explorer

INSTALL WINDOWS TO NEW HARD DISK DRIVE

Hello!I own a SONY Vaio VPCEB3E1E white,which runs on Windows home premium 64bit (greek language) and I recently changed its hard disc drive.I'd like to ask if you can provide me a download link for the original windows setup,so that i can use the original serial number that I have.Note that I have already contacted Microsoft and they told me to contact SONY for further information. Thanks in advance, NIKOS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Nikos,

You should have created your own recovery media while the original disk was working. This recovery media would have reinstalled the operating system and Sony preinstalled drivers, utilities and software to a new hard drive. Your only option now (assuming the original hard drive is no longer working) is to purchase a set of recovery disks from Sony support – the cost is approx. £50GBP.

A word of warning, for the recovery media to work the replacement drive will need to have the same byte sector as the original drive which was probably 512-Bytes per sector as opposed to the newer ‘advanced format’ drives which have 4096-byte structure.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Nikos,

You should have created your own recovery media while the original disk was working. This recovery media would have reinstalled the operating system and Sony preinstalled drivers, utilities and software to a new hard drive. Your only option now (assuming the original hard drive is no longer working) is to purchase a set of recovery disks from Sony support – the cost is approx. £50GBP.

A word of warning, for the recovery media to work the replacement drive will need to have the same byte sector as the original drive which was probably 512-Bytes per sector as opposed to the newer ‘advanced format’ drives which have 4096-byte structure.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat